Alaska: The Last Frontier

Alaska Medicare Supplement Plans

Alaska Medicare Plans include 10 standardized options, lettered A – N. Each insurance company must offer at least Plan A, but can offer any of the other plans as well.

Our agency works with some of the best Alaska Medicare Plan F and Plan G insurance companies, such as AetnaBankers Fidelity, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Mutual of Omaha, and Transamerica.

You can find a complete list of our Medicare insurance providers here.

Alaska Medicare Plans

Alaska Medicare plans Alaska Medicare plans include options for Medigap, such as Plan F or Plan G. These plans supplement Original Medicare Parts A and B to provide full and comprehensive coverage for Medicare beneficiaries. Most people enrolling Alaska Medigap plans There are considerably less people living in Alaska than in other states. This has affected the availability of Medicare Advantage plans, also called Part C. As of 2017, there are no Medicare Advantage plans currently operating in Alaska. Medicare Advantage plans need to be able to form strong networks of providers. If there is not enough medical providers to form such a network in certain counties, then we sometimes see that no insurance companies offer Part C Medicare Advantage policies.

alaska medicare plans

Alaska Medicare Plan F

Medicare Supplement Plan F is one of the most popular plans in the nation. This is because it provides first-dollar coverage. It pays both your hospital and outpatient deductible, and after Medicare pays 80% of your outpatient costs, Plan F pays the other 20%. It even includes some foreign travel coverage. Many people like the idea of a plan that pays everything. It’s nice to go into the doctor’s office and have no copays. People on Alaska Medicare Plan F policies should not have to pull their wallets out for any Medicare services at either the doctor or hospital. Medicare supplement plans do not include coverage for retail prescription drugs though. Most Medicare beneficiaries will enroll in a standalone Part D drug plan. This functions as a pharmacy card. It will give you access to medications at lower copay prices than if you had to pay for the medication with no coverage.

Alaska Medicare Enrollment

Enrolling in Medicare in Alaska is as easy as anywhere else. Residents can visit their local Social Security office to apply in person, or they can apply online at the Social Security website. Although you can also enroll in Medicare via mail, we don’t recommend it. There are often delays due to mail processing times. You are eligible for Medicare enrollment up to 3 months before your 65th birthday month. Benefits will begin on the 1st of the month in which you turn 65 for most people. Once your Part B is active, you can also apply for an Alaska Medigap plan. If you apply within 6 months after your Medicare Part B effective date, there is no underwriting. This means you are guaranteed to be approved for coverage. For this reason, it’s considered the best time to apply for Medigap.

Later on, when you reach age 65, you will then have 6 months during which you can enroll in any Alabama Medigap plan without underwriting. You are guaranteed to be accepted during that one-time window.

Help with Medicare in Alaska

Unsure about Medicare and not sure where to begin? We can help. Reach out to our friendly team of licensed agent experts. We’ll teach you how Medicare works and then help you find the Medigap plan that is best suited for you.

What Our Clients Say

At The Benefit Link, we treat you like a member of our own family.
But do not take our word for it, below are just a few of the reviews our 
satisfied clients have given us.


There is no charge to clients for our services. We would be honored to help walk you through this process!

Any Questions?
Feel free to make a call